Friday, January 02, 2009

1) I'm visiting Brian Beck, who has a really nice apartment in some big city. His upstairs is basically another apartment, and he only lives in the downstairs part. The guy who lives upstairs is Shawn, a guy I knew in SLC. I'm wondering how Brian and Shawn know each other. I leave Brian's apartment, and I'm walking through a park. It's really cold outside, and I trudge up this really steep hill. I'm almost to the top, and I look over and see Paul walking toward me. We meet at the top of the hill, and on the other side is a huge valley. The sun is coming up over the mountains on the other side, and it's the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen.

2) I volunteer in some war-torn third world country to help some rebels who are fighting against their unfair government. I don't interfere directly in the war, but I'm giving medical aid to the rebels. I'm out on the battlefield, and there are people lying injured everywhere. I'm trying to crawl to them and avoid getting hit by gunfire and bombs. I reach a guy who's bleeding really bad, and he asks me why I'm helping him.

3) I'm going to a Madonna concert with Tracey and Nikki from college and Johnny, Corey, and a few other people. Our tickets don't have assigned seats, so when we walk up to the door, there's an old lady giving out specific seats. Tracey, Nikki, and I keep going up to her, trying to get better seats. She puts me by myself, but it looks like a good seat on the chart. When we walk into the venue, it's really small, and I'm excited that Madonna is even playing here at all. When I get to my seat, though, it's in a little pit, and I can't see the stage very well. I'm wondering if I can move around to an empty seat when the show gets started, but soon, all the empty seats fill up. The opening band comes out, and it's a band made up of a really big family. There are little kids playing drums and the parents are singing. I'm thinking it's a really odd choice to open for Madonna, but I'll just go with it, and hopefully it will give me time to find a better seat.

No comments: