Wednesday, February 25, 2009
1) I'm at PT, and we're in the grass right next to my shop. We're stretching and doing callisthenics, and I realise I have flip-flops on. The commander says we're going to run four miles, and I'm wondering if I can make it without running shoes. Everyone starts to take off down the running path, and I squat down and pretend to tie my shoe. I wait for everyone to pass, and then walk across the street. There's a really nice hotel or something, and I walk inside and find out it's a retirement home. I walk by the pool, and I see this girl from my squadron who's also skipping out on the run. We look at each other and smile. I walk outside, and decide to try to get to the gym where my other shoes are. I'm trying to walk really fast, but my body won't move. To my left is a big stage surrounded by a tall fence. I get inside the fence and see that Interpol is playing on the stage. There are all these big black vines all over and Interpol is trying to discuss the meanings of some of their songs. The vines keep grabbing onto my legs.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
1) I get deployed to Afghanistan, and we're walking into a tent city. I'm helping all these girls with their bags, even though they're not being very nice to me. I take their bags into their rooms, and it looks like the inside of a college dorm room. I go back outside, and see Major Figiera with a bunch of people from my squadron. He asks me to deliver an envelope to one of the girls. I take it back over, and ask if she's around. One of the other girls says she'll give it to her, but I don't trust her, so I make sure to give it directly to the right girl. I leave and walk into a tent across the street. It's a really nice commissary, with lots of organic food and stuff. I want to buy some stuff, but I'm not sure if there's a refrigerator in my tent.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
1) I'm taking part in some kind of religious ritual, wherein five other guys and me have burned our bodies, and our skin is all twisted and nasty. We're carrying this big wrought iron sculpture through a crowd of people. It's very solemn and some people are praying. Suddenly, these two guys run up and start yelling at us in Arabic. They put machetes to our throats and tell us to stop what we're doing and repeat what they say, or else they'll kill us. I feel the blade against my neck and wonder what I'm going to do. I start praying to God to take me out of this horrible situation, and that the two men will stop.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1) I'm deployed somewhere with Corey and Stan. My music theory professor from college is there, too, and he keeps quizzing us on all this music history. There's also this giant metal wheel, and think it's going to roll over and squash us. The plane comes to take us back to the States, and it lands on top of a water tower. This ladder lowers down, and we all climb up into the plane. It's really crowded with other people going back to the States, and I find an empty seat next to Clark Rothrock. We take off and then stop in some resort town so everyone can use the bathroom and get something to eat. Joann is there, and we're not hungry, but we just want to get a bottle of water, but none of the places we stop have any water. I see a little kid by himself, so I ask him where his parents are. He leads me down by the ocean, and I realise I have to get back on the plane. I get back on the plane, and we don't have enough room to take off, so the pilot guides the plane onto the tracks of a roller coaster, which gives us enough momentum to get airborne.
Friday, February 06, 2009
1) I'm shopping with my Mom and we're in some big warehouse. We keep getting separated, because neither of us really know what we're looking for. We're just walking around looking through all the products on all the huge shelves. We meet back up and walk outside. I see a cool looking store across the street and walk over to it. It's some kind of furniture/home store with products made in Africa. Theresa is working and she says she really likes it. I shop around a bit, and I want to find something because Theresa will get a commission for it.
Thursday, February 05, 2009
1) Joann and I are shopping in a big department store. Corey's birthday is coming, and we're trying to find something to buy him. We think it would be cool to get him some leather pants, and we find a pair that are black leather with patches of hot pink zebra print. Unfortunately, they don't have his size, and then I wonder if they were even for guys in the first place. Aaron comes over and tells us they have these really cool shirts with big buttons, so we go check those out, but there aren't any I think Corey will like.