Saturday, July 08, 2006

1) I'm living in a loft and my Mom's side of the family is all coming to visit. I'm waiting outside for everyone to get there, and, one-by-one, the Spice Girls start showing up with their husbands. Victoria is there with David Beckham, and I'm all tongue tied. Baby Spice is married to a guy who's eight feet tall, and when I talk to him, I feel like I have to shout so he can hear me. I try to pat him on the shoulder, but it end up being the back of his thigh. The only one that doesn't show up is Sporty Spice, and I'm guessing it's because she's a lesbian and doesn't want to feel awkward around everyone. Finally, my Mom's family arrives, and there are tons of kids, too. One of them is driving a miniature truck, but he can't get it up the stairs, so I ask if he can leave it at the bottom. I go inside, and I see my Mom hugging Pat, her oldest sister, and I get a little choked up because I know they haven't seen each other in a long time.

No comments: