Thursday, November 29, 2007

1) Cate Blanchett and I are driving through the desert, and she keeps playing all these old Bob Dylan songs. Knox, an old fraternity brother of mine, is in the back seat singing along very badly. Cate and Knox have this big discussion about the depth of Dylan's music and I'm totally lost. I start to get frustrated, party because of the conversation, but also because I'm not sure where we're going. I decide to just keep driving, and hopefully Cate will know when I'm supposed to turn. We pull into an old gas station, but there aren't any gas pumps. Knox starts freaking out because we don't have much gas left and we have a long way to go.

2) Jay comes to visit, and we're trying to decide what to do. I'm not sure if he wants to chill out or go party with my friends in SLC. We go down to SLC and he starts hitting on Kate, but she's not interested. Jay gets upset, so I try to get him extra drunk. He passes out, so Ryan and I take him out and lay him in the back of my truck. It's cold, so I put lots of blankets on him. We go back inside, and Kate is telling us how she's decided she's going to go to beauty school and move far away from SLC.

No comments: