Monday, November 05, 2007

1) It's lunch time at work, and I leave the shop, get on a bike, and ride over to the hospital to have lunch with people in the med group. I get there and they're having some sort of luncheon, so I just act like I belong there and start eating their food. Nobody seems to mind. I'm making conversation with a few people about various things, but anytime they start talking about hospital stuff, I steer the conversation somewhere else or go talk to another group. I have a box of food I've collected that I'm going to take back to my shop, but I'm wondering how easy it will be to carry on my bike. I look at my watch and realise I need to be leaving. Suddenly, a bunch of water comes flooding through the hospital. It's only about a foot deep, but it's strong enough to knock some people down. Everybody runs for the exit. Nobody knows where it's coming from. I'm outside talking to people, and I have to go back to my shop, but I left my box of food inside and they won't let me go get it.

No comments: