Thursday, October 13, 2005

1) I'm at a party with a bunch of work people. Johnny Frost is there and we're having a conversation about a bunch of punk bands, and I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm faking it pretty good. I want to leave and go to the Hospitality House, so I fake being really tired and tell them I have to get to bed. I go to the HH and meet the new missionaries. They have a huge dog who starts barking at me.

2) I'm staying at a big hotel and I'm sharing a room with Sleater-Kinney. We have a night full of great conversation and the next morning, they have to leave to go play in another city. I leave the room and I'm walking outside and I stop by a big gospel church and sit down for the service. The choir comes out and they sound great. I stay for the whole service, and as I'm getting ready to leave, everyone I see is really nice to me.

No comments: